Salawat Durood Shareef
Salawat Durood Shareef -The One & Only
IN-NAL LAAHA WA MALAA ‘IKATAHU YU-SAL-LOONA ALAN-NABEEY-YI YAA
AIEY-YU LAZEENA ‘AAMANOO SAL-LOO ‘ALAIEHI WA-SAL-LIMOO TASLEEMA
Holy Quran: “Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [Allah to grant him] peace.” (Quran, 33: 56)
Allah Almighty make compulsory and directs all the believers to ask Him to award Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from His Blessings and Tranquility. This act of asking Allah Almighty to show His favor and protection to Prophet (SAW) is known as “Durood.” It is basically a form of a prayer, which all the Muslims are obligated to say on hearing, reading or speaking the name of the Holy Prophet (SAW) in order to pay Him respect or praise in the most rightful manner.
It is also the way of fulfilling one`s religious duty of adoring Muhammad (SAW) as Anas (RA) has narrated in Sahih Bukhari: “None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children, and all mankind.” (Bukhari)
Durood is a sure means of Allah (SWT) granting blessings, peace, prosperity and favors’ of great significance on one who recites Durood Sharif on the Holy Prophet (SAW). The one who recites Durood Sharif receives all the benefits in this world and ultimate reward in the next world with an addition to the love of the Holy Prophet (SAW). A person should give due importance to reciting Durood Sharif.
Benefits of Reciting Durood Shareef
There are many benefits for the one who recites Durood Shareef daily with affection and respect. Recitation of Durood Shareef reflects one’s true love and affection towards Holy Prophet (SAW).Below we will discuss some benefits of Reciting Durood Shareef with reference to Holy Prophet (SAW) Hadiths.
- Closeness to the Holy Prophet (PBUH) in Jannah: In Hadith Prophet (SAW) said: “On the Day of Judgment the person closest to me will be the one who has sent the most Durood into me.” (Tirmidhi). There is so much importance of reciting Durood Sharif we should recite Durood Sharif excessively if want to close to Prophet (SAW) in Jannah.
- Closeness to Allah Almighty: Reciting Durood Sharif brings one closer to Allah and Prophet (PBUH). Reciting Durood means we are obeying the commands of Allah Almighty. It is indeed a duty of every Muslim to send blessings to Holy Prophet (SAW) by reciting Durood Sharif as Allah and his angels do.
- Reciting Durood Sharif on Friday: Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “On Friday, send Durood abundantly to me, as it is presented before me.” (Abu Dawud). For receiving rewards from Allah Almighty we should recite Durood Shareef on Friday.
- Greatest Rewards from Allah Almighty: Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood. Prophet (PBUH) said in Hadith: “Whoever supplicates Allah to exalt for me, Allah would exalt him ten times.”(Muslim)
- Blessings: One who recites Durood Sharif ten times in the morning and ten times in the evening will receive the help of Holy Prophet (PBUH) on the Day of Judgment.
- Acceptance of Supplications: Since Durood Sharif is a source of acceptance of supplications. Allah accepts our all Duas if we recite Durood Sharif on Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
- Solve Problems: If anyone is involved in a difficulty then he must recite Durood Sharif in countless numbers. Also when someone is angry, he should recite Durood Sharif Insha-Allah, Allah will solve all his problems.
- Erase Poverty and Hunger: Reciting Durood Sharif abolish poverty and hunger.
- Remember Forgotten Things: When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it then recite Durood Sharif, you will remember the forgotten things.
- Fulfillment of Desires: Moreover, One who recites Durood Sharif maximum time a day and Allah will accept all his prayers or supplications and fulfill all his Hajats (desires).
May Allah give us the strength to recite Durood Sharif abundantly on Prophet (SAW) so that we can show our love and respect towards Him (SAW), Ameen!